I impressed myself with this one. Maybe it was just because this mornings workout left me feeling starved (and I had forgotten to eat dinner last night- not good I know). But I couldn’t get enough of this little concoction.
What’s in it?
- Sweet Potato, medium
- Bacon, sugar free. About 6 strips
- Zucchini, small
- Red Pepper, small
- Mushrooms, handful, chopped
- Spinach, 2 handfuls
- Butter, grass fed. Roughly 1 tbp
- Cinnamon, a dash
- Avocado Mayo, black garlic flavor (this flavor is okay, the store was out of the regular kind which is my favorite)
I’m not great at measuring as I cook so don’t get hung up on being exact with any of it.
Putting it together:
- Heat Butter in frying pan over medium heat
- Soften Sweet Potato. I do mine in the microwave by rinsing it, poking holes in it with a fork, wrapping it in a wet paper towel and putting it in the microwave for 3 minutes. Some people boil them in water for a few minutes.
- As sweet potato is softening, cut bacon into bite size pieces and cook in frying pan.
- Add in zucchini and then sweet potato. Let cook a little bit before adding the other veggies.
- Then add in the red pepper, mushrooms and lastly the spinach
- Top it off w/ some cinnamon and avocado mayo to taste.